- ※ Since April 9, 2007, the City of Seoul has provided free legal consultations in order to strengthen remedies for civil rights by providing legal consultations in the fields closely related to the citizens’ lives in Seoul, including administrative, civil, and criminal cases, and to protect and support knowledge-based industries through legal support for intellectual property rights and technology transactions of small and medium sized enterprises.
- ※ Free legal consultations are provided in Korean only.
- Consultations for foreigners: Seoul Global Center (http://global.seoul.go.kr)
- Introduction to the Establishment and Operation of the Free Legal Consultation Room
- How to use
- We do not offer telephone consultations. Reservations are required for legal consultations.
Please make reservations on the Internet or by telephone. (120 without an area code)
- Established within Dasan Plaza, Annex Seosomun 1 Dong (1st floor), City Hall.
- Eligibility for legal services
- Seoul citizens, enterprises, university research centers, government employees (cities, districts (gu)), etc.
- Legal service providers
- Legal professionals, including lawyers.
- Content of consultations
- Legal consultations relating to administrative, civil, criminal, or family cases.
Legal consultations relating to administrative measures taken by cities or districts(gu) and legal consultations that include various legal intepretations.
Legal consultations in the knowledge industry, including intellectual property rights (patents, etc.) or technology transactions.
Other consultations pertaining to various legal matters that may arise in citizens’ lives, including real estate transactions or starting a business.
- Day and time for consultations
- Day for consultations: Monday ~ Friday (except for holidays)
Time for consultations: 10:00~12:00 a.m., 14:00~17:00 p.m.
- Method of consultation
- In person consultations, written consultations, cyber consultations, etc.