Article 1 (Purpose)
The purpose of this Ordinance is to provide for matters necessary for establishing a command system at the scene of an accident or disaster in order to protect citizens' lives and property from various accidents and disasters and to promptly and efficiently conduct emergency rescue activities.
Article 2 (Definitions)
(1) The terms used in this Article shall be defined as follows:
Article 3 (Mayor's Responsibility)
The Mayor of Seoul Metropolitan City (hereinafter referred to as "Mayor") shall formulate and implement an emergency rescue and response plan annually so that field commanders can effectively command the scene of an accident or disaster.
Article 4 (Responsibilities of Field Commanders)
(1) When an accident or disaster is feared to occur or has occurred, a competent field commander shall promptly take all measures necessary for protecting lives, bodies, and property of citizens to minimize damage.
Article 5 (Field Command)
(1) A field commander shall direct the following matters:
Article 6 (Emergency Rescue Support Activities)
(1) A field commander may request the head of an emergency rescue support agency to provide human resources, supplies, etc. necessary for emergency rescue. In such cases, the head of an emergency rescue support agency shall comply with such requests, except in extenuating circumstances.
Article 7 (Integrated Support Center)
(1) If casualties or victims exist or if it is necessary to take measures for safety at the scene, a competent field commander shall notify the head of the competent autonomous Gu of relevant facts.
Article 8 (Transfer of Command)
(1) When a field commander determines that activities at a scene have ceased, he/she shall transfer command to the head of the integrated support center or to the head of the accident cleanup headquarters, upon consultation with the relevant agency responsible for disaster management.
Article 9 (Record-keeping)
A field commander shall prepare and preserve a daily activity log book regarding activities at each scene.
Article 10 (Evaluation of Activities at Scene)
A field commander shall conduct a comprehensive evaluation of emergency rescue support agencies pursuant to Chapter VIII of the Ordinance of the Prime Minister after an accident or disaster terminates.
Article 11 (Enforcement Rule)
Matters necessary for enforcing this Ordinance shall be prescribed by Rules.