Article 1 (Purpose)
The purpose of this Ordinance shall be to preserve, manage, and improve vitality recovery in alleys by prescribing matters concerning the revitalization of and support for alleys containing the history and culture of Seoul Metropolitan City and the lives of the citizens thereof.
Article 2 (Definitions)
The terms used in this Ordinance are defined as follows:
1. The term "alley" refers to roads and spaces adjoining a foundation of spatial and social lives, where residents share their everyday lives, such as economy, culture, environment, etc.
2. The term "alley regeneration" means to revitalize alleys economically, socially, physically, and environmentally in areas where the alleys are worth preserving and shall be managed and improved.
3. The term "alley regeneration area" refers to an area selected for alley regeneration under Article 4.
4. The term "alley regeneration program" refers to the following programs implemented in an alley regeneration area under an alley regeneration implementation plan (hereinafter referred to as the "Implementation Plan").
A. Urban regeneration infrastructure improvement program under Article 2(1)10 of the Special Act on the Promotion of and Support for Urban Regeneration (hereinafter referred to as the "Urban Regeneration Act");
B. Basic living infrastructure improvement program under Article 2(1)11 of the Urban Regeneration Act;
C. Home repair support program under Article 7 of the Seoul Metropolitan Government Ordinance on the Support for Home Repair in Low-Rise Residential Areas; or
D. Other programs that the Mayor recognizes as necessary for alley regeneration.
5. The term "alley community council" refers to a voluntary community meeting in a relevant alley, in which residents participate in a process to formulate the alley regeneration plan and implement a program by presenting their opinions.
Article 3 (Formulation of Basic Policies for Alley Regeneration)
(1) The Mayor may formulate the basic policy for alley regeneration in Seoul Metropolitan City (hereinafter referred to as the "Basic Policy") to promote alley regeneration in a comprehensive, planned, and efficient manner.
(2) The Basic Policy shall include the following:
1. Meaning and objectives of alley regeneration;
2. The alley regeneration policy that shall be enforced in priority;
3. Matters concerning the selection and management of alley regeneration areas (excluding improvement zones and zones prearranged for improvement programs);
4. Measures to secure budgets and resources for alley regeneration; or
5. Other matters that the Mayor recognizes as necessary for alley regeneration.
(3) The Mayor may request the head of district within his/her jurisdiction to submit necessary materials when formulating or modifying the Basic Policy.
(4) The head of district so requested under paragraph (3) above shall provide the necessary materials for the Mayor, unless there is a compelling reason not to do so.
Article 4 (Selection of Alley Regeneration Areas)
(1) The Mayor shall determine an alley regeneration area through examination of the selection committee.
(2) The selection committee shall be composed of experts with sufficient knowledge and experience in alley regeneration.
Article 5 (Formulation of Implementation Plans for Alley Regeneration)
(1) The head of district shall formulate an implementation plan for alley regeneration areas (including modification thereof; hereinafter, the same shall apply) and submit the implementation plan to the Mayor; Provided, That where the Mayor recognizes as necessary, the Mayor may formulate the implementation plan.
(2) The implementation plan shall include the following and shall correspond to the Basic Policy under Article 3.
1. Survey of program sites and analysis of conditions therein;
2. Alley basic living infrastructure improvement plan;
3. Environment improvement plan in light of the safety and landscape of alley regeneration areas;
4. Plan for support of the alley community council;
5. Plan for phased implementation and operation of the alley regeneration program;
6. Plan for program implementation in connection with the relevant urban regeneration plan;
7. Plan for financing and budget execution; or
8. Other matters that the Mayor or head of district recognizes as necessary.
(3) The Mayor may review the propriety of implementation plan submitted by the head of district under Article 5(1) and request to amend the implementation plan, if necessary.
(4) The Mayor may cause the head of district to submit necessary documents, such as the result of public hearing or resident presentation in order to examine whether the implementation plan is proper.
Article 6 (Implementer of the Alley Regeneration Program)
The Mayor or head of district shall become a program implementer; Provided, That the Mayor or head of district may designate a program implementer separately.
Article 7 (Alley Community Council)
(1) The alley community council shall be organized so that interested parties, such as owners of land and/or buildings, tenants, etc. in the alley regeneration area may voluntarily participate therein.
(2) The alley community council shall ensure that an alley regeneration program be implemented smoothly by participating in a process that formulates an alley regeneration plan and implements the program in the relevant alley regeneration area and by collecting various opinions of residents.
(3) The Mayor may support the alley community council to participate in an alley regeneration program within the scope of budgets.
Article 8 (Administrative and Financial Supports)
The Mayor or head of district may provide administrative and financial support for the following matters to regenerate and revitalize alleys:
1. Alley regeneration program under subparagraph 4 of Article 2;
2. Operation of the alley community council;
3. Survey and research to develop and improve an alley regeneration system;
4. Advice and operation of experts;
5. Home repair support program under Article 7 of the Seoul Metropolitan Government Ordinance on the Support for Home Repair in Low-Rise Residential Areas; or
6. Other programs necessary for alley regeneration.
Article 9 (Relation with Other Statutes and Ordinances)
Unless specifically stipulated by other laws, regulations, ordinances, etc., the implementation of alley regeneration programs shall be governed by this Ordinance.
Addenda <Ordinance No. 7089, Mar. 28, 2019>
This Ordinance shall enter into force on the date of its promulgation.