Article 1 (Purpose)
The purpose of this Ordinance is to contribute to securing the safety of citizens by prescribing measures to prevent accidents and manage safety at large gatherings in Seoul.
Article 2 (Definitions)
The terms used in this Ordinance are defined as follows:
Article 3 (Relationship with Other Decrees or Ordinances)
Unless there are special provisions in other decrees or ordinances regarding the safety management of large gatherings, this Ordinance shall be followed.
Article 4 (Duties of Mayor and Civic Duties)
(1) The Mayor of Seoul Metropolitan City (hereinafter referred to as the "Mayor") shall endeavor to prevent various accidents and minimize damage in the event of occurrence through safety management of large gatherings held in Seoul Metropolitan City (hereinafter referred to as the "city").
Article 5 (Safety Management Plan for Large Gatherings)
(1) If large gatherings falling under any of the following subparagraphs are expected, the Mayor shall establish a safety management plan for the large gatherings (hereinafter referred to as "safety management plan") in advance with safety management-related institutions such as the Commissioner of the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency (hereinafter referred to as the "commissioner of the city police agency") and the head of an autonomous district.:
Article 6 (Measures)
(1) The Mayor shall notify the commissioner of the city police agency if it is necessary to restrict the passage of people or vehicles or if there is a concern that traffic will be hindered due to large gatherings.
Article 7 (On-site Response)
During large gatherings, the Mayor may request the commissioner of the city police agency to establish a command headquarters at a strategically located police station or on site so that activities such as guidance, calling, prompting, and warnings can be carried out using equipment such as loudspeakers.
Article 8 (Prohibition and Restriction of Passage)
(1) The Mayor may request the commissioner of the city police agency to prohibit or restrict the passage of pedestrians, vehicles, etc. by designating a specific time, area, method, etc. during large gatherings in consideration of the criteria such as the methods of calculating crowd density, space capacity, and crowd movement time according to the attached Table.
Article 9 (Response in Case of Accident)
(1) The Mayor shall establish an emergency management agency in accordance with the Framework Act on the Management of Disasters and Safety and Seoul Metropolitan Government Framework Ordinance on the Management of Disasters and Safety to oversee and coordinate matters related to the handling of accidents and disasters caused by large gatherings.
Article 10 (Enforcement Rule)
Measures to enforce this Ordinance shall be prescribed by rule of the Seoul Government.
ADDENDUM <Ordinance No. 8578, Dec. 30, 2022>